correcting misinformation in archived posts

For information and questions on how to use the discussion board (do not post ostomy related questions in this area!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct. This particular area of our board is only for issues on how to use the board, not for ostomy-related questions!
gayle

correcting misinformation in archived posts

Post by gayle »

https://www.ostomy.org/forum/viewtopic. ... le#p151412
https://www.ostomy.org/forum/viewtopic. ... le#p154505

Some of the posts in the threads above give the incorrect info that nystatin is the same as miconazole nitrate. But there seems to be no way to post correction to this info. My dermatologist told me (earlier this week) that Nystatin only works for yeast infections, whereas miconazole nitrate works for fungal infections in general. In any case, although both Nystatin and Miconazole Nitrate are effective for yeast infections, they are NOT THE SAME. I understand that some of the info that I am giving in this post does not belong in this section, but how/where would I post this info?
ulcerative colitis 1970, ileostomy 2003
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Re: correcting misinformation in archived posts

Post by Bob Webtech »

gayle,

If you find incorrect information in the Archives, notify a Moderator or Administrator (by private message or email) and ask if it can be fixed. There isn't any place you can post the information yourself. You might also notify the person who posted the incorrect information, if you think there's a chance they might post it again.

In this case, you are correct that Nystatin and Miconazole aren't the same thing. I've added notes at the bottom of the two archived posts that you called attention to.
Bob Baumel, UOAA discussion board administrator