Portland OR support group?

This is the place to post announcements for chat rooms, support group special events and newsletters (please do not post such messages in the regular discussion forums).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
PDX_Mike

Portland OR support group?

Post by PDX_Mike »

I am new to the sire and just had ileostomy surgery on 4/8/14. I was wondering if there is an active support group in the Portland area. I heard that there might be an upcoming product fair but I do not have any details on where or when it will occur.

Mike
Gordon

Re: Portland OR support group?

Post by Gordon »

I just moved up to Portland. I queried the support group coordinator (orostomy@aol.com) about being added to a mailing list but have not received a response.
Gordon
PDX_Mike

Post by PDX_Mike »

I think the product fair is on May 17th from 10am - 12pm at the Lakewood Center for the Arts in Lake Oswego but not certain of the location. I have emailed the OR support group several times but only got a response once which stated they only meet twice a year.
PDX_Mike

Post by PDX_Mike »

If anyone is interested. I found out the details for the product fair for the Portland Ostomy Group.

The Product Fair
Sat. May 17th 2014 10:00 to 12:00
Lakewood Center For the Arts
378 S State St (hwy 43)
Lake Oswego, OR
Meeting will be in the lower level. Parking behind the building off Middle Crest
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

This group does meet only twice a year. One is usually a product fair and the other usually has a guest panel of some sort or guest speakers. This has been the case for as long as I can remember but they do serve the community well with visitors and work well with the local WOCNs.They also publish a quarterly newsletter. I have traveled down from Tacoma several times and they always have a large turnout for these meetings.
Steve
Ileostomy in 1990 for UC.
The mind wobbles.......