IBD (UC or Crohn's) and Lupus???

For discussing issues relevant to ostomates and people with diversions between the ages of 18 and 30 (or so).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderator: Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
bbcopper

IBD (UC or Crohn's) and Lupus???

Post by bbcopper »

I am wondering if there is anyone out there that has both a diagnosis of either UC or Crohn's as well as Lupus? I am now 42, I had a total colectomy at 32, ileostomy and j-pouch for last 9+ years. I have been on Cipro for just about 9 years to keep pouchitis in check. Over the course of the years I have developed some minor/occasional head tremors and mouth movements. Over the last year I have seen some fairly significant weight gain (regardless of diet and exercise), fatigue and somewhat depressive type symptoms. I am also noticing water retention (especially in my legs and feet (not severe) and I had an unexplained blood clot in my leg back in December. I just recently had blood work done and my doctor said I had some "borderline" findings which are usually ignored. Three factors were significantly high Protein C, DRVVT and DRVC and I am also Vitamin B, D and calcium deficient. If any of you either have this dual diagnosis, are knowledgable about the different forms of lupus, or have had similar symptoms develop, I would appreciate hearing from you.
Brian Berkowitz
Total Colectomy w/Ileo May '06
J-Pouch Jan '07