Takedown Surgery Soon

For discussing ostomies that are intended to be temporary, and the reversal/takedown of such ostomies.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderator: Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
Andi

Takedown Surgery Soon

Post by Andi »

Hi,
Ten weeks ago I had surgery to remove a 4" section of my rectum due to a large benign mass. Now, I have a temporary ileostomy and will have my take down surgery next week Wednesday. I am concerned for two reasons. First, the surgery to remove the mass was rough. My body rejected the rerouting of my gut and I was nauseous and dehydrated for weeks. Second, since they took such a large section of my rectum, am I going to have control?
Also, if anyone has any advice on diet, what to expect, etc. I'd really appreciate any and all advice. Thank you!
To Good Health

Re: Takedown Surgery Soon

Post by To Good Health »

Welcome Andi to UOAA. You may get more replies if you post this in the general section. Read what I wrote to helpinghimsurvive just below.
All the best. Good luck,
TGH
Chemo/rad Mar 07
APR/ileo May 07
Perm colostomy 2009
Perforated colon Nov 2013
Andi

Post by Andi »

Thank you, I'll post this in the general section. I appreciate that help!
Joannerogers

Post by Joannerogers »

Good luck! Read my posts titled my reversal. I too was very worried but I'm a little over a week out from my reversal and have had very little problems! I'm glad I tried!
Stage 4 rectosigmoid cc at 53, liver resection, colon resection, mrsa infection, illeostomy