My reversal!

For discussing ostomies that are intended to be temporary, and the reversal/takedown of such ostomies.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderator: Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
Joannerogers

My reversal!

Post by Joannerogers »

It's been a long road but after a year, I finally got my reversal. I went in monday...surgery went good...had my bm on tuesday night so I was able to go home today (Wednesday). So far I have not had any accidents! I can tell when I might have to go and I can concentrate on holding it! I'm so pleased! I hope it will continue to be this way. I hope this helps someone else who's getting ready for their reversal or for someone trying to decide whether to get a reversal or not. Through God....all things are possible. I had people praying for me all over the world! I truly believe these prayers were answered.
Stage 4 rectosigmoid cc at 53, liver resection, colon resection, mrsa infection, illeostomy
rmcknight923

Re: My reversal!

Post by rmcknight923 »

I am so, so happy for you!
Joannerogers

Post by Joannerogers »

4 days after reversal....still very swollen with lots of gas pain and very sore. Bm's are sporadic so that has me a little concerned since I don't know what is normal. I guess one day at a time is how this recuperation will progress.
Stage 4 rectosigmoid cc at 53, liver resection, colon resection, mrsa infection, illeostomy
To Good Health

Post by To Good Health »

Joanne. Thanks for report. How are you today? All the best,
TGH
Chemo/rad Mar 07
APR/ileo May 07
Perm colostomy 2009
Perforated colon Nov 2013
Joannerogers

Post by Joannerogers »

TRH,
I'm doing quite well. The swelling is slowly going away and the pain is going also. Still twinges when moving unless I wear my binder. I'm still looking not eliminating like I should be. I definitely have more input than output. I've been so busy that I've been putting off taking anything to clean me out but tonight after my dinner date I'm going to do some colace and mom(milk of mag) and hopefully have a productive day tomorrow. Then I'm going to try to adjust my diet to eat non-constipation foods. All in all I'm very happy not to have my personal porta potty anymore!
josh

Post by josh »

Sorry to say my reversal didn't take. Hope yours is great. I really do.