Approaching reversal surgery

For discussing ostomies that are intended to be temporary, and the reversal/takedown of such ostomies.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderator: Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
jhm655

Approaching reversal surgery

Post by jhm655 »

A little history: 62 yr old male. Perforated colon from diverticulosis disease. Had colostomy surgery July 2017. Was told only temporary, could reverse in 6 months. Admittedly, I'm a little anxious and sceptical to have the reversal surgery performed, especially after reading all the negative posts here on this forum. So so many unsuccessful stories. I've been coping fairly well telling myself this too will pass. I just want to be put back together. Am very tired of literally being inside out. Dealing with a colostomy is like having an open wound to care for. I understand it could be a convenience for some but not for me. Recently completed a successful pre-op colonoscopy. Will consult with surgeon soon to examine my candidacy for reversal. I've dealt with a few medical challenges in my lifetime but this tops them all! I will try to post followup after the surgery. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to share your story. It is comforting to know I'm not alone.