Having a Colonoscopy With a Colonostmy Bag

For discussing ostomies that are intended to be temporary, and the reversal/takedown of such ostomies.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderator: Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
Poo Bear

Having a Colonoscopy With a Colonostmy Bag

Post by Poo Bear »

Have one other question & maybe I should put it in the temporary forum too. As I wrote earlier I am to have a colonoscopy done next week & I am kinda freakin about the dreaded night before prep. In past colonoscopies I was obviously able to poop out my bum. This time I'll be pooping out my ostomy & into a bag. I am afraid that the bag will get full fast & while changing it poo will come flying out. Has anybody had a colonoscopy prep with a colostomy bag? Any hints? I envision just standing out in the back yard and letting it rip from my hole like some freaky geyser! :lol:
LOL! Thanks for any hints or ideas you can pass along. Gotta get the colonoscopy done first before my reversal surgery.Tony (AKA Poo Bear)
Sanzibar3

Re: Having a Colonoscopy With a Colonostmy Bag

Post by Sanzibar3 »

Not a good day to be away from home! Just keep a close eye on it and don't stray too far from the potty and you should be okay.