Multiple bag changes

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
nickolas

Re: Multiple bag changes

Post by nickolas »

Sparkplug wrote: 2019-01-23 10:02:38
nickolas wrote: 2019-01-10 18:13:12 For me, cheese will bulk me up. Prior to my diagnoses, I did BM's once a day in the morning. Only time I had diarrhea was when I was sick. Since radiation, my new normal is to start out firm stool output only to be followed up with liquid output. When I have liquid, i know I am done for the day. Only time that may change is if I eat cheese (like on Friday night pizza) then I don't go for up to 24 hrs. Of if I eat salad greens, especially spinach, I will be going liquid within an hour. Like clockwork.

Please note, I was diagnosed in 2004 with stage IIIC rectal cancer. Radiation was very hard on me, and is the primary reason I have a colostomy bag today. That bag gave me my life back following radiation. Know that there have been a lot of advancements since my radiation (mine was like 3 generations ago)

Sometimes, it's just finding your new normal. Good luck,

Lee
Hey Lee are you still on this board? Would love to chat with you I had the same type of cancer
Yes I am still here, I just don't check in as often. When were you diagnosed?

Lee
rectal cancer 2004
stage IIIC
permanent colostomy
NED 15yrs and counting
Sparkplug

Re: Multiple bag changes

Post by Sparkplug »

Hello Lee, thank you so much for replying to me. I just found this site and saw your post. I have not come across anybody else who has had rectal cancer as of yet till you. I was diagnosed in 2014 stage IIIb from a tumor in my rectum. I too went thru chemo and radiation. The radiation was also the hardest for me and left me with so many after cancer issues and is why I’m wearing a double Ostomy. I struggle with bowl movement issue everyday. Some days are good some not so good.
Arron 8)