saw doctor today need help.

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
sbysteve45

saw doctor today need help.

Post by sbysteve45 »

hi guys saw surgeon today for follow up he says I'm doing good. he wants me to drink one cup a day of grape juice and 1 miralax at night. my output today is only 150ml
so far. he says because of my sluggih bowls he is not
concerned with low output and fine if I only go 2 times a day.
he wants me to eat more and snack more. no matter how
little I go. respond with all help thanks. I have a new ilestomy.
Button

Re: saw doctor today need help.

Post by Button »

Steve:
It sounds encouraging.

Your intestine is moving along. It is moving at a slow speed, but moving along. That is key.

Your intestinal tract will need “rehabilitation” just as your muscles will be receiving rehabilitation therapy to gain strength. Intaking a small amount of food at frequent intervals will give your intestine food to process and move along. It needs some amount of food to give it stimulus to do the job of being an intestine.

Small amounts of food, frequently during the day. A few bites at a time. You may find it easier to intake stained soups, custard, milk shakes or other thickened liquids so not to overwhelm your intestine’s capacity. A triple decker BLT sandwich would not be a wise choice for the kitchen to send you.

Your intestine will pick-up speed with its motility. Slow and gradual.

Walking will help facilitate the intestine’s to move, so take a lap around the hallways as you feel up to it. You should begin therapies today with PT and OT and this should also help you to begin to feel measurable progress.

Keep faith and hope. The body has an amazing ability to heal when given supportive care and time.
Karen
Intestine perforation, sepsis, ileostomy, 2012
Addison’s disease + endocrine failure
Palliative Care