A Bit of Cheer

Share the non-ostomy part of your life (but please limit the random jokes!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderator: Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
To Dream a Dream

A Bit of Cheer

Post by To Dream a Dream »

With all of the horror stories the news media presents, (true or not), it can be both overwhelming & further depressing for all facing our personal burdens & tragedies. This little corner of our Board seems to have been over looked for awhile & I feel a need to share one of my own bright spots.

Due to downsizing prompted by old age infirmities, I lost my extensive flowerbeds five years ago. Happily, we were able to put in a southside compact raised bed beneath a large window. Within two years, it has become a 'moonlight' or 'evening' themed garden. Including mostly white, pale yellows & apricots in its color scheme. There is a Monet-styled arbor graced by a smaller hummingbird feeder that has also attracted other feathered friends i.e. Baltimore orioles, a female grosbeak even an inquisitive wild canary. An obelisk-shaped trellis to support yellow honeysuckle reminiscent of an adolescence spent amid the sultry summers of southern New Jersey. While below, mourning doves & a pair of frisky bunnies test the patience of our pair of watchful felines.

Spring brought a profusion of daffodils including some of the heirlooms pilfered from the woodland grotto. Glowing softly in a lingering twilight. Next the fussy frills of bearded iris. Followed by a row of pristine phlox. Its subtle fragrance attracting my favorite Mr. Bumbles, humming amid bright monarchs. A free seed packet has produced a trio of pale sunflowers standing sentinel directly beneath the bay. Tall & imperial. Smiling their benevolence over the little oasis where daylilies rule supreme at the moment. Sprawling haphazard. Some blossoms enormous. Each one unique. Atlanta Moonlight. God's handicraft. And the smaller blooms of the lemony May May. Opening shyly at dusk.

I learn from flowers. And bees & butterflies ... After all, are we that much different?
Crohn's Dx '66 (perforated ileum)
Multiple Bowel Resections
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx
Gr8g8ts

Re: A Bit of Cheer

Post by Gr8g8ts »

Thank you! I needed that.
cdogtom

Post by cdogtom »

very calming ,thanks
To Dream a Dream

Post by To Dream a Dream »

Good to see you on Board. Stay safe this hurricane season.
Crohn's Dx '66 (perforated ileum)
Multiple Bowel Resections
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx