Skin care

A forum devoted to "Irrigation" - a procedure that may be helpful for some people with left-sided colostomies.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
Pupuce

Skin care

Post by Pupuce »

I have been irrigating daily for 3 years - classic stoma. I want to share my knowledge and experience about skin care. I use a one piece mini BBRAUN pouche. Most important is to remove the pouche with a good quality spray adhesive remover ; next, after washing with plain warm water, drying carefully with soft compress, then wipe again around stoma with an adhesive remover wipe(lingertte) to remove any adhesive from the pouche left on the skin. Irrigate as usual. After finishing irrigation, remove irrigation sleeve with adhesive remover spray. DO NOT PULL OFF. Then wipe stoma with clear water and soft non woven compress. Shower only with AVEENO products (neutral oats based) either the soap bar or the shower liquid soap. Johnson & johnson make these. I live in France, and had many sk8n irritations at the start, which can "poison" life- as many of you know I am sure. Then I remembered what my old dermatologist once prescribed for me after a simple irritation on my neck when I was 25 years old (I am now 73!) : AVEENO SOAP. I tried finding Aveeno in France - unavailable! Thank heavens for AMAZON. I found the products in Italy thru amazon. The final step before putting on the pouch is to wipe again with a adhesive remover wipe - in order to remove the adhesive from the sleeve. Wait a few minutes before placing your pouch. If you do not shower, use soft compresse and warm water with AVEENO SOAP BAR to wash gently your stoma. Rinse carefully with warm water, dry carefully with soft non woven compress, and wipe area around with adhesive remover wipe. NEVER AGAIN WILL YOU NEED PROTECTIVE PASTE, POWDER, RINGS ETC. I HOPE SOME OF YOU WILL FIND THIS USEFUL.