VA benefits for 100% T&P rated vets

A place where Military Veterans with Ostomies and Diversions can discuss items of common interest.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderator: Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
Nomadic

VA benefits for 100% T&P rated vets

Post by Nomadic »

I know the clothing allowance primarily targets service-connected amputations with appliances that rip up clothing, but has anyone successfully applied for the benefit due to an ostomy? This year alone (and we're less than 6 months into the year) I've had to throw out an ostomy binder and tee shirt. The application deadline is coming up in July and the description on the application (VA Form 10-8678) would seem to fit.
blaing

Re: VA benefits for 100% T&P rated vets

Post by blaing »

Hey, I have received the clothing allowance each year since I was approved for the ostomy and received 100% T&P. Go and apply. I have been receiving the allowance since 2006.

Bill
blaing

Re: VA benefits for 100% T&P rated vets

Post by blaing »

Be sure to check all your 100% T&P benefits at the state and federal levels. They are good.

One that I didn’t know about till recently was that my student loans from before I was 100% were able to be forgiven. I was 100% in 2006 and was paying till 2015. Than they were forgiven back to my 2006 date.