ConvaTec Replacement Natura Pouch

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
To Dream a Dream

Re: ConvaTec Replacement Natura Pouch

Post by To Dream a Dream »

I finally tried the new ConvaTec Natura Pouch samples with a filter and found it successful with just a bit of leakage at the closure (which may be due to my own lack of dexterity due to aging process.)There was no gas buildup in the pouch. And the filter did not leak overnight despite a particularly liquid output.
Here are the reorder numbers per the sticker on the ConvaTec Sample pack:
#421747 -- With Filter
#421738 -- Without a Filter
I had previously used #413334 until I received notice recently of their being discontinued. My only concern now is that there will be only 10 in a box instead of 20 making it necessary to update for my insurance coverage.
Crohn's Dx '66 (perforated ileum)
Multiple Bowel Resections
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx
To Dream a Dream

I just posted an update for this topic regarding the filter version of these pouches & it seems to have jumped to page 2. Hopefully, I didn't press any wrong buttons.
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx
krcaddis

Post by krcaddis »

I just discovered this site after 12+ years with an ostomy. ConvaTec did, IMO, a huge disservice in discontinuing the two piece system that I've relied on for most of that time. I am very unhappy about it. Like some others, I found it very difficult, almost impossible to empty the new style pouch without having it empty on my shoes and floor. I have dexterity problems.
Does anyone now of another system that uses the Tupperware pouch attachment technology, or something equally easy to use?

I have additional complications from radiation that have recently surfaced (well, a year or so ago), urinary incontinence. We (my Urologists and I) haven't found a comfortable solution to that. All these emerging problems aren't doing me any favors as I've been chronically and clinically depressed for 30+ years and meds have been little, if any help. It's all overwhelming; I'm often suicidal now. There's been no help, as if that would help.

Well, if anyone can suggest a equally good pouching system, please let me know.
ot dave

Post by ot dave »

I use the Hollister New Image line of appliances. I like it in the fact that I can use one flange for a full size drainable pouch, my irrigation sleeve, and a mini closed pouch to sleep in... It's got the plastic ring "tupperware" attachment. The drainable pouches have the velcro closures, which I prefer to the old clips. Hope that helps.

David
stage III rectal CA 12/08 - colostomy 3/09
"Gatoring since 2010"
Psalms 91:2
To Dream a Dream

Thank you for posting on our Discussion Board. Another good source of information is the UOAA website: https://www.ostomy.org/
Click the hamburger(?) in the right upper corner (stack of parallel lines) to reveal a wealth of possibilities.
I've used ConvaTec products since the company's inception, but other large manufacturer's like Coloplast & Hollister may offer something similar to the system you use, but more customized & user friendly to meet your current needs on their websites.
Please continue to visit our Board. I joined it during a stressful time in my own life. Knowing little about the internet, I had avoided the social sites fearing trolls, hackers & just nasty mean people. I read the posts of others & gradually gained confidence to submit my own. It still amazes me how my own negative life experiences can become a source of comfort & support to others.
I found & read your post after angrily changing my clothes due to a sudden incident of incontinence. Why it happens, who can say? Perhaps, too much Pedialyte this morning after a shaky start. The potency of the vitamins I take. Sitting for too long without a bathroom break watching Dr. Zhivago. And with a bellyful of surgical adhesions pressuring my bladder. I was miserable.
The important thing is that I managed to tend to myself, transfer laundry started earlier from the washer to the drier, feed a hopeful cat some of her crunchies & clean up the lunch dishes.
I found your post & immediately realized that others share my problems. Even worse. And 'I', like you, can know that we are not alone.
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx
To Dream a Dream

https://www.hollister.com/en/products/o ... vance&pg=1
Hopefully, the above is a link to a Hollister website listing some current products. They may be able to send you samples.
My computer skills are limited & I apologize for any mistakes I may make on our Discussion Board.
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx
steiconi

Post by steiconi »

krcaddis wrote: 2021-11-29 12:03:15 I just discovered this site after 12+ years with an ostomy. ConvaTec did, IMO, a huge disservice in discontinuing the two piece system that I've relied on for most of that time.
I use a two-piece ConvaTec system that is still being made. They offer at least two styles of pouch. Call them (they don't seem responsive to email) and ask for samples.

Call other manufacturers and get samples from them, too

Ostomy Manufacturers, Distributors and Accessories
Most will provide FREE samples!
Manufacturers
Coloplast (888) 726-7872
Convatec (800) 422-8811
Cymed (800) 582-0707
Hollister (888) 808-7456
Marlen (216) 292-7060
Nu-Hope (800) 899-5017
Securi-T USA (Genairex) (877) 726-4400

Distributors
Byram Healthcare(877) 902-9726
CCS Medical(800) 722-2604
Edgepark Medical Supply(888) 394-5375
Liberator Medical(866) 643-0956
Liberty Medical (now Edgepark Medical) (800) 723-9558
McKesson(855) 404-6727
Parthenon, Inc.(800) 453-8898
Preferred Home Care(800) 636-2123 (choose #5, then #1 for Ostomy)
Sterling Medical(888) 907-8775

Accessories
Colo Majic Liners(866) 611-6028
H2ORS(650) 823-9193 or (571) 249-3788
Na 'Scent(888) 880-1959
Osto-EZ-Vent(888) 562-8802
Ostomy Secrets(877) 613-6246
Lee

I am not my disease.
lobsta1

Post by lobsta1 »

Since my 2016 ostomy I had been using Convatec 413313 pouches. They were replaced with 416421. Tried them & hated everything about them. I don't have smooth office type hands & my fingers were constantly snagging the material. Did like the wider drainable mouth, but not that it was so short. When draining it causes far more splashing as the contents come out higher above the bowl.

Switched to Hollister , but am having a lot of problems with leakage around stoma, blowouts & odor problems. Part of the problem is I use a squirt water bottle to flush the contents. I think their barrier material doesn't like the water. Also my stoma protrudes from a significant convex bulge. I don't think the barrier material is flexible enough to maintain adhesion on the curvature. Hollister recently sent me 3 samples of their one piece pouches. Didn't use them long enough to know if they are a viable solution.

With the old Convatec I was on a Tuesday, Friday schedule. With the Hollister products I am lucky to get two days out of a barrier change.

Just venting.
Al

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!
To Dream a Dream

Dear Al: 'Am so sorry to learn of your problems with pouching. Please look up ConvaTec's site & give them a call. They should know about this in detail.
And a Happy New Year to you, also. (At least better than the last year.)
As for venting. Go right ahead. We've all been there, done that. Stay in touch with our Board. we appreciate active posters.
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx
lobsta1

Post by lobsta1 »

I did contact ConvaTec & was provided the samples. After the sample usage I called the rep. back & detailed my complaints about the new pouch. I really hated the so called "comfort panel". It felt like velcro was attaching to my fingers & ripping the skin off. It also was difficult handling the pouch with the constant snagging causing me to misdirect the output when emptying.
For my use it was not a good replacement for the prior product.
Al
To Dream a Dream

'Am glad that you alerted ConvaTec to your negative experiences with the new pouches. The manufacturers need feedback from their customers to improve their products. So many of us hesitate to express our negative comments. You showed initiative in doing so. Keep checking our Board for folks who use another company for possible solutions to your finding an appliance that will work for you. And keep us informed, too.
Ileo '77 Revision '85
Celiac Dx
Mara

Post by Mara »

lobsta1 - Just curious when you had the issue with the Convatec comfort panel...I am asking as a while back they changed them a bit - I used to find it immediately ripped halfway up the back - which didn't rip the pouch - but basically got in the way. They haven't done that for a while so I guess they did make a fix. My point being if you tried the new pouch some time in the past it might be better now.....

Gee, I never hesitate when I have problems/negative comments about my ostomy supplies - can't tell you how many replacement boxes of supplies I have received over the years after calling in my complaints. Even though insurance pays for a lot of my supplies I always feel that it is my money.....
Ileostomy due to UC - 50 odd years
lobsta1

Post by lobsta1 »

Mara, I'm guessing it was last spring when I tried the new pouches. Next thing to try might be the Coloplast products but someone else on this board posted they had leakage problems with one of the products.
Al
steiconi

Post by steiconi »

I would like to compla...er, inform the manufacturer about the shortcomings of their product, but I loathe telephoning businesses (please hold, let me transfer you, oops, cut you off) and convatec doesn't respond to emails. That's enough that I never get around to talking to them, and just comment here.
Lee

I am not my disease.
Mara

Post by Mara »

I have found Convatec fairly easy to contact compared to some other businesses which like you say, steiconi, can be very difficult. I last called them in October when this thread started....
Ileostomy due to UC - 50 odd years