New to all this. Dealing with indigestion??

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
ThatFLguy

New to all this. Dealing with indigestion??

Post by ThatFLguy »

Had my Ileostomy surgery done last Friday, ended up getting out of the hospital and then back in due to dehydration. Now I am dealing with indigestion and almost puking even drinking water. I take Prilosec that is prescription for heartburn every day but this indigestion will not go away and it's impossible to eat like this.

What can I do about this? I'm drinking as much as I can but not getting any output from my stoma so I'm conserned and the hospital didn't return my phone call today so I need help.
I fart in your general direction!
steiconi

Re: New to all this. Dealing with indigestion??

Post by steiconi »

I got nauseous when drinking cold water, room temp or warm water was better.

One doc told me that eating something can help reduce nausea, too. Chew a few saltines to give your stomach acid something to do.
Lee

I am not my disease.
Fiona

Re: New to all this. Dealing with indigestion??

Post by Fiona »

I take Rx Prilosec twice a day, ask your doctor. Daily Miralax. I also was on low residual diet for nearly 4 weeks manly saltines, soups, rice noodles lots of applesauce & apple juice. Baby stepping into fibre. It's what's been working for me and I'm in my 5th week now starting to see healing around my stoma, I have ostomy but coping through general surgery recovery is not one path for everyone.