Could'nt continue with Edgepark.

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
tlippy

Could'nt continue with Edgepark.

Post by tlippy »

Been using Edgepark for 10 years. Every month there was some hold-up with my order. Finally had enuf! Switched to Byrum. What a difference in companies. At least for the first order. Check out the BBB ratings for Edgepark. Didn't know a company could get such low ratings. Sure hope Byrum keeps up the good work
Ileo/April 2007
sabresfan18

Re: Could'nt continue with Edgepark.

Post by sabresfan18 »

Edgepark is absolute garbage. Glad you're having a better experience.
Mara

Post by Mara »

I don't have much patience - if I have a problem I switch. I used Edgepark many years ago when it was one of the ones covered by my insurance. I was not happy with them because they wanted to be paid up front rather than waiting for the insurance to pay its share. I found that annoying and left them.

I had issues with Byram also a few years ago but hopefully they will keep you happy, tlippy....:)
Ileostomy due to UC - 50 odd years
Snowgoose

Post by Snowgoose »

I started out withEdgepark because the hospital nurse recommended them. I found they had the best website for ordering and were easy to deal with, until there was a problem. Solving problems, mistakes they made, was terrible. I also caught them lying. And, like Mara, I didn't like their upfront charging. The final straw was when Medicare caught them overcharging me, more than once. I tried a couple of other suppliers and ended up with Byram who has been great for several years now.
pete19382

Post by pete19382 »

Another two thumbs up for Bryam - they’ve been great (admittedly, we’re less than a year down this path,)
sabresfan18

Post by sabresfan18 »

Here is a big reason people who started with Edgepark (and were happy) began seeing issues:

https://ir.cardinalhealth.com/news/pres ... fault.aspx
Mjc

Post by Mjc »

Edgepark was the worst company I have ever used for any product. They lied to me constantly and took money that was not theirs to take. I use Home Care direct and it has been great.
ulcerative colitis - age24
total colostomy age 25, ileostomy for 40+ years
total hysterectomy