Coloplast Convex Flip for Peristomal Hernia

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
CorgiOR

Coloplast Convex Flip for Peristomal Hernia

Post by CorgiOR »

Unfortunately, I now have a peristomal hernia from my June 30 surgery. I have been using coloplast sensura mio pouches, but the adhesive ring wrinkles around the hernia. Has anyone tried the coloplast convex flip pouches with a hernia? I asked coloplast for some samples, but I am curious if anyone has tried the convex flip pouches with their hernia. If so, how did it work?

Thanks
gap

Re: Coloplast Convex Flip for Peristomal Hernia

Post by gap »

Tried them, have a large hernia, it made it 3 hours before it completely came off. I have been using their light convex for years and getting 3 days use. I was leary of their design but what the hell, maybe Coloplast knows more then I do. Looking at the design, the barrier obviously had less adhesive area so why would it work better?
chrisc

Post by chrisc »

I've had an ostomy for 43 years and have used the Coloplast Flip 2 piece for well over a year now. I love it!! My hernia has gone from "egg" size to "grapefruit" size. For me, the trick to longer wear is to use the Brava Elastic Barrier Strips as extra support. I'm a large woman, so I use the XL curved strips (they're wider) along with the high output pouch, which is a lot longer. Pouch size is always a personal choice. I normally can get 7 days wear time. I hope you give the Flip a try. Not everyone likes it, but for me it was a god send.
CorgiOR

Post by CorgiOR »

Hey thanks.