Change brands

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
NEskier

Re: Change brands

Post by NEskier »

Mara wrote: 2022-12-06 20:59:17 I have also been using Convatec for decades basically. There was a period when my stoma got flatter and I wasn't ready for a revision. I used the regular Stomahesive faceplates like I do now and they had a white plastic ring that could be inserted to make them convex - do they no longer have that? It worked for me for quite a long time.....
They do still make those, called convex inserts. I know this because I use them with my Stomahesive faceplate. I can't use Durahesive, it kills my skin trying to get it to release. The chemicals needed to get that done don't make my skin any happier either. Decades of Stomahesive wafers have served me well so far.
Mysticobra

Post by Mysticobra »

At he beginning of my life with a stoma. The wafers (convetec) or any of them seemed like it was gonna be a long journey as they tore my skin up taking them off.
Omgoodness.
But I found a spray adhesive remover and it drops right off using it. Sensicare. Like gold in a can when I found that. It was a good moment in a bunch of bad ones.
I was more or less left to my own regarding taking care of it. The nurse in the hospital was really kinda useless looking back. Of course she showed me how. Then left. Really no help.
Richard.
Chelly

Post by Chelly »

Yes that is what I used to get. They only have them in the flat pouches. The convex active life is durahesive only. I will say this…the durahesive convex sure does stick well for those who can handle that. I just could not seem to get the residue off. It is a good pouch for not leaking.