Order I didn't order..?

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
ileo73

Order I didn't order..?

Post by ileo73 »

My supplier just texted me that my order was received. I hadn't put one in so I was surprised.

I should explain that although I order my whole month's allotment at a crack (20 pouches), my usual rate is 2 a week (barring accidents), and so I usually order every other month, placing the order online. And I got an order late last month.
So I called the supplier who said that it was my order, taken by someone who might have been at my doctor's office. Though I did get an auto-reminder call from the supplier that I hung up on yesterday, so maybe that was the issue.

Not sure what happened but I've enough on my plate without doing detective work. It's not like I won't use them or that they'll go bad before I do.

If it happens again, I know there's an issue. But hopefully it's just a one-off glitch.

Anyone else here have a sort of "ghost order" appear?
Mara

Re: Order I didn't order..?

Post by Mara »

That's sort of annoying but as long as it isn't costing you extra money, I guess it's not that much of an issue. I pretty much had almost a year's supply and my supplier keeps emailing and sometimes calling to ask if I want to reorder....I really have no place to store that much....lol....
Ileostomy due to UC - 50 odd years
ileo73

Post by ileo73 »

Funny thing is that when I called to follow up, they said my pouches were on back order for a few weeks…so schedule worked out, as that’s near when I’d have placed order!
Diane C

Post by Diane C »

Ileo73,

Who is your supplier? I recently switched to Byram from Edgepark. The latter had really been super for years although I know many up here have had complaints. Perhaps due to Covid and a lack of staff -- or new, inexperienced staff, one of my orders was VERY mixed up and I received supplies that didn't match -- a real mess to fix. So, I finally switched to Byram. I also had been ordering 3- or 6-month supplies but also don't have room to store all this... So this time, I went with a 1-month supply and Byram has called me twice already so I'd better re-order.

Do most people order for 1 month? 3? 6? Sometimes it helps to have a big house! But if you change your mind on the products -- it's definitely not useful to order a large quantity. I recently opted for Coloplast's high-output pouches (the OLDER model) vs Convatec's high output pouches. Never thought I'd like Coloplast's clicking mechanism but it usually holds together pretty well and its high-output pouches are the best I've found -- not the new ones with the seam and filter inside which block the flow -- but the much older version. Quite comfy and durable.
Diane C
2000 MACE
2002 Colostomy
2018 Above + anus removed; Ileostomy
2020 Scar tissue removed
ileo73

Post by ileo73 »

AdaptHealth, the former Sterling Medical. I agree it's a balancing act -- enough put aside so you're fine if there's an issue (a shortage or you have to relocate for a while), but not so many that if you have to change systems (like I did) you find a lot you can't use any more.
steiconi

Post by steiconi »

I order every three months.
180 Medical manages to mess up my order at least once or twice a year. More than I ordered, items I didn't ask for, sometimes items not even related to ostomies. They do fix it, but it's a nuisance.
Lee

I am not my disease.
Mara

Post by Mara »

I also use AdaptHealth as well but I don't receive anything unless I order. They are constantly emailing me to reorder and sometimes calling but I don't answer...lol....

My one month order usually will last me almost four months....that's how I got so far ahead....
Ileostomy due to UC - 50 odd years