Getting Close to Reversal

For discussing ostomies that are intended to be temporary, and the reversal/takedown of such ostomies.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderator: Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
ChristianWEH

Getting Close to Reversal

Post by ChristianWEH »

Well, after dealing with my ileostomy for several months, I am approaching my reattachment date very fast. I am nervous as hell. What if it doesn't go well, what if I get sick again, even though I was told yes, is there really enough to reattach. Will I have a good experience or a bad one. I'm terrified! It's a weird feeling, I woke up to this and now I'm terrified for it to go away. It happens in early December so I will update everyone then.
LorrieFL

Re: Getting Close to Reversal

Post by LorrieFL »

Hi -
I’m new to the board. I feel the same way you do. My reversal is suppose to be June this year. I’m terrified.
How are you doing now? I hope everything went well.

😎
Grateful34

Post by Grateful34 »

Hi Lorrie
I am new to the board. I had a successful colostomy reversal on November 14th 2022 (my new birthday!) I'm here to offer hope and support to anyone who is living with a stoma, anticipating a reversal, or post reversal. I was also terrified about the reversal, but I was also so excited to say goodbye to the bag on my abdomen. All I can say is try your best to think positive, say your prayers and lean on loved ones for support and positive energy. I am just over 5 months out now and feel better every day. My story is long and painful, I didn't think I would survive mentally or physically, but I did! I haven't had any horrible side effects, just some inconsistent bowel movements and scars. It takes some time for your bowels to work right again, be patient with your body and you will get there. Congrats, and best of luck with your reversal. I'm sure you will do great!
NewbieFL

Post by NewbieFL »

Hi
I’m so sorry it’s taken me this long to thank you so very very much for your extremely helpful words.
I find out tomorrow if everything is a go. 🙏