Looking to Support My Wife

For discussing ostomies that are intended to be temporary, and the reversal/takedown of such ostomies.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderator: Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
Bob Jones

Looking to Support My Wife

Post by Bob Jones »

Hi Folks,

My wife had emergency surgery to remove part of her colon in June '21 when they gave her a colostomy. It was reversed in September '21, but she still having bowel issues. She is able to leave the house, but has to go the bathroom a lot. She is in pain frequently and has gained a lot of weight because of the change in diet. She has become pre-diabetic. She is feeling pretty down on herself. I know it's been a while, but I'm looking for resources to learn more about her condition and how I can best support her. Please help. Thank you.

Bob
BillV

Re: Looking to Support My Wife

Post by BillV »

My wife has type 2 diabetes and has been able to keep her blood sugar level in the normal range with diet and daily exercise. This also keeps her weight down. I suggest that your wife schedule an appointment with a dietician. My wife is on a very low carb, no sugar diet. Eating more vegetables might help with your wife's bowel frequency problem.
Bob Jones

Re: Looking to Support My Wife

Post by Bob Jones »

Thanks BillV