Should this happen? Ileostomy and Rectal BM?

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
ThatFLguy

Should this happen? Ileostomy and Rectal BM?

Post by ThatFLguy »

Well, tonight something weird happened. I had a very small amount of stool come out during a bowel spasm. I have an ileostomy and everything I have read says that should now happen. It was painful and the spam has not stopped since then (Over a hour 1/2 ago).

I have a PCP appointment tomorrow and I am taking my full over night hospital stay bag with me just incase he sends me.
I fart in your general direction!
xctm1

Re: Should this happen? Ileostomy and Rectal BM?

Post by xctm1 »

Any update? I have a stub left over from an ileostomy and it sometimes bleeds. The only time I've had any internal pain was from peanuts. Pls let us know what's up. tks
steiconi

Post by steiconi »

Rectal discharge is pretty common.
See how many entries in this forum:
search.php?keywords=Rectal+discharge&si ... 75102e47bc
Lee

I am not my disease.
Diane C

Post by Diane C »

ThatFLguy,

Please see my reply to the above question about Stinking Mucous -- or something like that. It sounds as if you are suffering from diversion colitis. WHY don't surgeons warn ostomates about this condition that often pops up down the road? My surgeon said it rarely occurs. That's untrue in my experience. Yes, it is time for a book or a blog. This truly infuriates me. Give patients full knowledge and choices about how to improve their health!

If anyone wants to submit information for my book, let me know. I'm not yet writing it but have ideas in my mind and will be developing an outline. I'm also in need of a graphic designer. Any creatives out there? There's so much info that ostomates need to know -- or people with pelvic floor syndrome who spend years being constipated and/or distended.

Good luck and thank you,

Diane C.
Diane C
2000 MACE
2002 Colostomy
2018 Above + anus removed; Ileostomy
2020 Scar tissue removed
klancee

Post by klancee »

I am glad I found this link and information on mucus discharge. No the dr did not warn me and when I asked about it, it seemed like he didn't know anything. I have had it for two years (got my colostomy in 2017) and am frustrated in not being able to have a dr find an answer or help for me. What have you found out and can you give me any help or answers? My mucus is very often throughout the day and uncontrollable. Sometimes it looks like little balls but mostly just drainage and stinks.
Thank you for any help,
Klancee
Last edited by klancee on 2023-11-09 13:12:27, edited 1 time in total.