Colostomy clothes

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
hastings

Colostomy clothes

Post by hastings »

With the approach of warm or hot weather, it is obvious that my wardrobe needs to change. After years of tucking my shirt inside my trousers it will be necessary to find a new dressing habit and leave my shirt out. How does one manage? I have many short-sleeved golf shirts, but they are all designed to tuck in. Do I need to get new clothes? Please let me know what others are doing. How do colostomy clothes work?
I use Convatec's closed end pouch system.
Permanent colostomy
Rectal cancer
Mysticobra

Re: Colostomy clothes

Post by Mysticobra »

I tucked my whole life. I have an ileo now.
They do make shirts you don't have to tuck.
Untucked is a company who does. Expensive though.
I use 3x large under armour long sleeve heat gear shirts. They are cheap on Amazon.
3x because I just need the length. Not because I'm big. And it's loose on me. Not tight.
Amazon you can try them and if you don't like them send em back. Free shipping both ways. Just have to find something you personally like. Many other brands you could try. Just gotta look. I don't like that part either. Looking. Shopping.
But after tucking in my shirts all my life. It was certainly a change. So I know where you are.
Good luck.
Richard.
hastings

Post by hastings »

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm still trying to figure it out, while working on senile decay eyesight and proper placement of Eakin strips and seals. I'm not sure I understand how it works.
Permanent colostomy
Rectal cancer
Mysticobra

Post by Mysticobra »

I use adapt rings I tried strips early on. But the ring is a life saver for me.
Maybe try those. They encircle the whole stoma. And then slap your wafer over it.
I'd post a pic but I don't see where I can. Difficult posting pics off your phone here.
Richard.
Diane C

Post by Diane C »

I use rings of various width around my stoma and buttress the sides of the stoma with Stomahesive Strips although I could spread out a ring or use paste. I apply EASE strips and then Coloplast curved strips and cover everything with a SureSeal which many swimmers use. Since I've gotten an ileostomy (no longer a colostomy) -- and the stoma was placed on a scar :-( -- leakage is just something I have to contend with. Also my condition of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency causes more runny output. Yep, I use high-output pouches and sometimes even irrigation sleeves during the day or night -- but pancaking continues to be an issue that leads to leaks. These products do help.

Diane C
Diane C
2000 MACE
2002 Colostomy
2018 Above + anus removed; Ileostomy
2020 Scar tissue removed