dry skin

For general discussion of ostomies and continent diversions.
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob, ot dave

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct.
Psale339

dry skin

Post by Psale339 »

I am new to this list but I do have a strange problem. I had an ostomy 2 yrs ago and recently the skin on be bum hurts and gets red. I cn't figure out what to do for this or what causes it. I am handicapped and unable to walk around a lot which I am sure does not help. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas. I understand this might not have anything to do with the ostomy but I am not sure. Thanks in advance
ot dave

Re: dry skin

Post by ot dave »

Hi Psale,
Sounds like you might be developing a pressure ulcer. Stating that you are disabled leads me to think that you may be spending too much time in positions that create pressure that cuts off blood flow to the skin in that area, leading to the symptoms that you are describing. You can do a google search on pressure ulcer/bed sores/decubitus, and you'll likely find the information that you are looking for. But, as always, I'm not a doctor, and you should obviously consult your physician for issues like this. Hope that helps some.

David
stage III rectal CA 12/08 - colostomy 3/09
"Gatoring since 2010"
Psalms 91:2