outbox

For information and questions on how to use the discussion board (do not post ostomy related questions in this area!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct. This particular area of our board is only for issues on how to use the board, not for ostomy-related questions!
JennieLind

outbox

Post by JennieLind »

When you send someone a private message, does it first go into the outbox, then eventually will it appear in the send box ? How long does it usually take? Does it stay in the outbox until the recipient reads it? If it's still in the outbox after awhile, does that that mean that it didn't get sent? or that the person refused to read it?

Thanks,
Jen
Mara

Post by Mara »

Yes, thanks for asking this.

I have the same issue as I just realized a PM I sent someone over a week ago is still in my outbox......I had just assumed either they didn't get it or didn't feel like answering until I looked and saw it there.
Eric E

Post by Eric E »

Here is a quick answer that I found in a phpBB 2.0 (the discussion board client we use) User's Guide found here:

http://www.cheshire-med.com/forums/docs ... Basic.html

Here is what it said:
The Outbox
When you send a PM, the message goes to your Outbox. It remains in the Outbox until the recipient visits his/her Inbox, at which point it is moved from your Outbox to their Inbox. While the message remains in your Outbox you may edit or delete your post if you like. The message remains in your control until it is received.
Hope that helps.

Eric
JennieLind

Post by JennieLind »

Thanx Eric,

I had a feeling it was something like that. So, basically if a message stays in your outbox, then the person who you tried to send it to either hasn't been logging on to this board, or has decided not to read it.

That clears things up a bit.
Jen
Eric E

Post by Eric E »

Yeah, and it's not that the person decided not to read YOUR message. That person just has not read ANY messages since you sent yours! Keep up the posting!

Eric