Picture

For information and questions on how to use the discussion board (do not post ostomy related questions in this area!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct. This particular area of our board is only for issues on how to use the board, not for ostomy-related questions!
Bridget

Picture

Post by Bridget »

Hey -

I am trying to figure out how to get a picture to show up under my name. I went into "profile" but what I thought would work did not. Any suggestions?

Bridget
Eric E

Post by Eric E »

Hi,

You are probably wanting an avatar. Here is a tutorial on how to do it made by "The Wisconsin Sipper."
Christine52

Post by Christine52 »

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Chris
Ileostomy 1990 UC
"Can't Keep It In"......Cat Stevens
Steph

Post by Steph »

Thanks Eric for the link, and thank you Paul for the tutorial! I had tried so many times to get a pic small enough, but it never worked (until now that is)!

You guys rock!!
Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. ~Chuck Swindoll
wolfva

Post by wolfva »

I've thought about putting up my pic...but why traumitise you guys? <LOL>
Deb

Yes you do rock

Post by Deb »

Thought I'd post the moose one for now. Later maybe something less alaskana
It is all possible with Gods help.
Colostomy since 3/21/06
Juuust_Jim

Post by Juuust_Jim »

A friend of mine made a Thumbnail pic for me that i was gonna use here but it was slightly to big, so i had her reduce it since i dont have photoshop or any other program for that stuff. well when i got it in a size within the limits it was not in a Jpeg file, so I uploaded to my Photobucket and that changed it to a JPeg, but when I tried to upload it I got a message saying "Couldn't connect to the URL link?"
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Post by Bob Webtech »

Hi Juuust_Jim,

Sorry about this delayed response. But I've realized now that although the "Upload Avatar from your machine" method works fine, the "Upload Avatar from a URL" method doesn't work on our system (it always produces the error message "A connection could not be made to the URL you gave").

The explanation is that, as a security measure, many web hosting providers, including ours, block scripts from connecting directly to external websites. Because of this restriction, every attempt to upload an image directly from an external website to our site will fail. As you probably discovered (as it's been over a month since your posting above), you can easily work around the problem by downloading the image from the external site to your computer and then using the "Upload Avatar from your machine" method.

To prevent other users from getting similarly confused by this problem, I have now removed the "Upload Avatar from a URL" option from the Profile screen.
Bob Baumel, UOAA discussion board administrator