Teen Discussion Board?

For information and questions on how to use the discussion board (do not post ostomy related questions in this area!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct. This particular area of our board is only for issues on how to use the board, not for ostomy-related questions!
~Katie~

Teen Discussion Board?

Post by ~Katie~ »

I was wondering if there are any plans in the future to make a teen discussion board similar to YODAA's. I know that alot of teens have been wondering about this, i know you are still very busy working on the site but i just thought that this would be a great addition to the site. Thanks for all you've already done the board is great!
Eric E

YODAA board...

Post by Eric E »

I say, for now, definitely use the YODAA board and be active there. After all, most of us on there were teens not all that long ago. I say, the best way to get a new discussion board is for you teens to show that you will remain active enough to warrant your own discussion board. So get your other teen friends to join, and also stay active on the other boards. Make contributive posts every once and a while and join the conversations. I am no authority on this. That would be all Bob's perrogative, but this is my layman's opinion on this. Out.
Julielyn

Post by Julielyn »

Great question Katie!

The biggest hurdle at this time is finding enough "adults" to serve as moderators for the board to prevent unwanted postings that are inappropriate for that age group.

This involves checking the board a couple times a day, and sticking to the rules we have established for the UOAA Discussion Board.

If you know people who might be interested, have them email me!

We haven't forgotten the Teens, but we just want you guys to have a safe, open environment free from all the evil that lurks on the internet!

Julielyn
Vice President
UOAA
jgibbons[at]uoaa.org