Users browsing this forum:

For information and questions on how to use the discussion board (do not post ostomy related questions in this area!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct. This particular area of our board is only for issues on how to use the board, not for ostomy-related questions!
tlippy

Users browsing this forum:

Post by tlippy »

I always thought the all registered users would appear in real time. And Guests would be counted in a bunch. No?
Ileo/April 2007
Christine52

Post by Christine52 »

Don't know the answer to that one! I wasn't aware that the number of guests was even shown!?

Chris
Ileostomy 1990 UC
"Can't Keep It In"......Cat Stevens
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Post by Bob Webtech »

tlippy,

"Real time" is a relative thing. Because of the way the web works, it isn't possible to tell who is actually viewing the site at any moment. The displayed data is for the number of users who have accessed the board during the past 5 minutes before you accessed the page, as shown in the footnote beneath the "Who is Online" display.

This display lists three categories of users: non-hidden registered users (whose usernames are shown explicitly), hidden registered users (who've selected "Hide your online status" in their profile), and Guests. The "Guests" may be either people who aren't logged in or non-human agents such as search engine robots. Where the display says we once had 228 users online, the majority of those were search engine robots, not people!

I am moving this thread to the "Help Using the Discussion Board" forum because it's about using the board rather than ostomy discussion.
Bob Baumel, UOAA discussion board administrator
wolfva

Post by wolfva »

Time is relative. Just ask Einstein....

/duck