What happened to the topic "Body Image Disturbance"

For information and questions on how to use the discussion board (do not post ostomy related questions in this area!).
Anyone can read. Only registered users can post.
No commercial posting allowed.

Moderators: Bob Webtech, Jimbob

Forum rules
Before posting, please read our Discussion Board Terms and Conditions and our Code of Conduct. This particular area of our board is only for issues on how to use the board, not for ostomy-related questions!
CaliforniaSue

What happened to the topic "Body Image Disturbance"

Post by CaliforniaSue »

Help Moderator,

What happened to the topic "body image disturbance" posted by Carolesque on 2008-01-20 at 17:45:02????

I can't find it now. It was there yesterday. Jen and Kip had posted some websites and some real helpful clothing information that I was going to write down.

I know that it was there yesterday because I got this email notification

Hello,

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "body image disturbance" at UOAA Discussion Board. This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

http://www.uoaa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=71434#71434
Rectal ca10/05 Ta ex Stg.I Rad Zeloda
Recur9/07APR/colost IIIB Rad Folfox
dawall

Post by dawall »

Hi CaliforniaSue,

That topic is still here, in this forum, a bit further down the list. It looks like you were somehow sent a bad link.

Take care,
Dennis
LeeAnn

Post by LeeAnn »

Often a post will move further down the page to facilitate the posts that have been , more recently, posted on. There are times, if one is not posted on for a bit and the board is active, that post can move to the second page.
I am sorry you had a hard time finding it, I do hope that you are able to locate and see it now.
http://www.uoaa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9073

LeeAnn
Administrator/moderator
You are always right where you need to be to take the next step beyond .GF
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Post by Bob Webtech »

CaliforniaSue,

The topic still exists (at the URL cited by LeeAnn) but a particular reply to that topic (the one you were notified about, Sue) seems to have disappeared. I am not aware of any moderator action that could have caused this. As one possibility, maybe a reply was posted (so you received email notification) but then, the author of that reply had second thoughts and decided to withdraw it. The author of any post can delete their posting as long as no further replies have been made.

Added note: I've checked our server log, and this is exactly what happened -- the author of that reply deleted it.
Bob Baumel, UOAA discussion board administrator
Mara

Post by Mara »

Are people paranoid here or what :roll:

Exactly how is one notified when a reply is posted? I have never activated that feature in any board that I use.
Ileostomy due to UC - 50 odd years
Bob Webtech
Site Admin

Post by Bob Webtech »

Mara,

Click the link Watch this topic for replies in the lower left of the page if you want to be notified of replies to a particular topic (note: you must be logged on in order to see that link). There's also an option in your Profile labeled Always notify me of replies that will notify you of replies to any topic that you've posted in (This is set to "No" by default, but many people change that setting).
Bob Baumel, UOAA discussion board administrator
Kale

Post by Kale »

Bob's correct, I removed my message a bit after I posted it. It was not on topic. Topic was/is adjusting to body image, I went rambling on about clothing. Sorry for any confusion.
Mara

Post by Mara »

Kip wrote:Bob's correct, I removed my message a bit after I posted it. It was not on topic. Topic was/is adjusting to body image, I went rambling on about clothing. Sorry for any confusion.
We can't do anything on this board without ole Bob knowing..... :wink:

As far as the notification, I know you can check the box - I meant how do you receive the notification - the email on file or a message in the board inbox.....
Ileostomy due to UC - 50 odd years
Kale

Post by Kale »

Mara wrote:
Kip wrote:Bob's correct, I removed my message a bit after I posted it. It was not on topic. Topic was/is adjusting to body image, I went rambling on about clothing. Sorry for any confusion.
We can't do anything on this board without ole Bob knowing..... :wink:
A true gentleman. Thank goodness he's discreet! ;)
Last edited by Kale on 2008-01-23 15:57:05, edited 1 time in total.
Melanie

Post by Melanie »

Exactly how is one notified when a reply is posted?
it comes in your e-mail... the subject is "topic Reply--"Subject of Post"" or some form of that... and the e-mail address begins with UOAA@ somthing...
Melanie (22/College Grad)
Mitrofanoff 18 yrs
Colostomy 13 yrs
Latex Allergy
CaliforniaSue

Post by CaliforniaSue »

Thank you Bob for your clarification. I'm learning new things everyday!

Susan
Rectal ca10/05 Ta ex Stg.I Rad Zeloda
Recur9/07APR/colost IIIB Rad Folfox